When it comes to finding the best pans for your gas stove, the task isn’t as daunting as it seems, especially since the majority of pans are made for them anyway. Whether you’re a student who’s on a budget, a person who’s not much of a cook but needs simple cookware to make a meal as simple as possible, or if you’re someone watching your waistline, these non-stick pans will help you make a nice meal for the right value.
Top 5 Pans for Gas Stoves
This table gives you a quick rundown on the best pans for gas stoves. I give them my personal rating based on their features, durability, and my personal experiences as a beginning and experienced home cook.
|T-fal’s Specialty Omelette Non-Stick Pan||[show-checkprice link="https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002HWRUFC/ref=as_li_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=9325&creativeASIN=B002HWRUFC&linkCode=as2&tag=spicygoulash-20&linkId=d0e1d2c36c76b9be10ca792dab3f6d48"]|
|T-Fal E93808 Non-Stick Pan|
|Stone-Earth Non-Stick Pan||[show-checkprice link="https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00W8F0A3C/ref=as_li_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=9325&creativeASIN=B00W8F0A3C&linkCode=as2&tag=spicygoulash-20&linkId=d9c4ee5d056a48e73600f134e05bd62f"]|
|Cuisinart 622-36H Non-Stick Pan||[show-checkprice link="https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0017QHWHA/ref=as_li_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=9325&creativeASIN=B0017QHWHA&linkCode=as2&tag=spicygoulash-20&linkId=62eb2c4f33245dd9cc93a41141b44b66"]|
|Cooksmark Copper Non-Stick 10-inch Pan||[show-checkprice link="https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01FF9E1J6/ref=as_li_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=9325&creativeASIN=B01FF9E1J6&linkCode=as2&tag=spicygoulash-20&linkId=348310fbcc6557073b615e66a0c2a646"]|
Pans for Gas Stoves #1: T-fal’s Specialty Omelette Non-Stick Pan
- This is a great starter-pan those who are new to cooking or are people who are on a budget. For a great value, you can either have a 2 or 3-piece set that can allow you to make anything from pan seared chicken breast or pancakes. I used to have a similar set during my college days and it lasted me all four to five years of school. I was able to cook my favorite foods such as pasta dishes, quick stir-fry meals, a lot of burgers and I even used it as my frying pan for chicken.
- Like most non-stick items, this is dishwasher-safe, making it easy to clean.
- While this T-fal’s Specialty Omelette Non-Stick Pan is oven-safe, don’t expect to make anything that requires a lot of heat. So, if you’re planning to make baked chicken breast, this pan may not be for you unless you’re willing to spend a lot of time waiting for it to cook or risk it coming out dry. But if you’re baking fish or thin pieces of meat, this pan can do wonders. It’s aluminum bottom will allow for even cooking on your gas stove.
- This product may not be scratch-resistant, so be careful using a metal scrubber or any metal utensil to scrape food that may be hard to clean off the pan.
Pans for Gas Stoves #2: T-fal Professional Total Nonstick Thermo-Spot Heat Indicator Fry Pan
- This pan is awesome for both experienced and beginner cooks. I’ve been cooking for years and I’m considering buying this one now. Why? Because of its thermo-spot heat indicator to show when the pan is pre-heated. Do you know how much that feature could’ve saved my behind in the kitchen? There’s nothing worse than heating your pan too high or too low and then completely ruining your dish. For instance, if you’re making something as simple as scrambled eggs, if the pan isn’t pre-heated, you risk longer cooking times than necessary and can actually end up overcooking your eggs.
- It’s is available in three different sizes and even comes as a bundle. It’s scratch-resistant which means you can use metal-utensils.
- This pan is also dishwasher-safe and can cook in an oven heated up to 400 degrees. If there’s one con to this product, it’s that it can’t tolerate high-heat. However, 400 degrees isn’t too shabby and you can cook some a variety of meals at that temperature.
- The only con for this product is that it can only tolerate a max temperature of 400 degrees in an oven.
View T-fal Professional Total Nonstick Thermo-Spot on Amazon:
Pans for Gas Stoves #3: The Stone Earth Pan by Ozeri
Considering we use, well, gas stoves to cook our food, it’s nice to have an eco-friendly option to make us feel good while we’re making our favorite meals, right? Well if that’s what you’re looking for, then this pan may be for you.
- It comes in multiple colors and three different sizes, giving you an option to find a pan that suits your fashion interests as well as your cooking ones.
- Its eco-friendly qualities include the lack of exposure to fluorinated chemicals that may be embedded in its metal. It also has a scratch-resistant coating.
- it isn’t oven or dishwasher-safe. So understand if you’re planning on making sophisticated dishes, you’re limited to just your stovetop and will have to clean it by hand afterwards.
Pans for Gas Stoves #4: Cuisinart Chef’s Classic Nonstick Hard-Anodized 14-Inch Open Skillet
- This pan is available in six different sizes and designed to quickly heat on a gas stove due to its anodized surface.
- Its tapered rims eliminate drips while pouring and it’s oven-safe up to 500 degrees. 500 degrees! That’s amazing for a pan that’s not cast-iron. Even some stainless steel pans can’t tolerate that amount of heat in an oven!
- Its high tolerance for heat in an oven tells me it should be able to cook on the highest setting on your gas stove and the pan shouldn’t smoke unless you have a delicate ingredient such as oil, butter or something similar. This also means you can make tasty things like stove-top pizza, frittatas, or get a nice sear on a juicy steak.
- The downside to owning this product is that it isn’t dishwasher safe, so be prepared that this pan may not be easy to clean by hand.
Pans for Gas Stoves #5: Cooksmark Copper 10-inch Pan Induction Compatible Nonstick Frying Pan, Skillet, Sauté Pan
- This non-stick pan is ideal for a gas stove, as well as all cooking surfaces, due to its copper and durable interior. It’s stainless steel base allows for quick heating and even cooking.
- It’s also highly scratch resistant, dishwasher safe and oven safe up to 450 degrees. It’s also the least expensive of all of the pans I’ve discussed.
- I’d recommend this pan for anyone who doesn’t want to break the bank finding a pan and only needs one or few pieces of cookware to make a decent meal.
- It’s not a very “fashionable” pan, which could be a deal breaker if you’re more concerned with how a pan looks than its qualities.
And the Winner Is…
The best pan for a gas stove is the T-fal Professional Total Nonstick Thermo-Spot Heat Indicator Fry Pan. I chose this pan because of its thermo-spot heat indicator. That feature is important especially if you’re a new cook and need more guidance when cooking food. I also like this product because it’s durable and not all home cooks have the fancy silicone kitchen utensils at their disposal, so it’s easier to use what you have on this pan, even it’s a metal utensil. This pan is a little pricey for a pan, but not the most expensive pan on this list. Therefore, it provides the best value out of the five I’ve listed.