Food storage containers help you relive the magic and revisit the goodness of that awesome chili you made the night before, they keep you on track if you’re trying to eat healthier and save you time (and money) during your busy mornings if you’re practicing meal prep techniques. Food storage containers also keep your fresh fruits and veggies from wilting fast. I found the highest rated food storage lids on Amazon I think you may find useful. All of them are great choices, however, at the end, I only choose one I think gives the best bang for your buck.
This table gives you a quick rundown on the best food storage containers I recommend. I give them my personal rating based on their features, durability, and my personal experiences as a beginning and experienced home cook.
|Rubbermaid Easy Find Lids Red 42-piece Food Storage Container Set ||Check Price|
|Rubbermaid 50-Piece Easy Find Lid Food Storage Set |
|LIFT Reusable Microwavable 28-oz 7-pack Meal Prep Containers w/ Lids||Check Price|
|Rubbermaid Commercial Carb-X Space Saving Square 12-qt Food Storage Container||Check Price|
|California Home Goods 3-Compartment 10-piece Bento Reusable Food Storage Containers||Check Price|
Food Storage Container #1: Rubbermaid 42-Piece Food Storage Container Set
- I’m a big fan of Rubbermaid containers and use them myself. It’s easy to keep track of the lids and their matching containers because the lids snap to each other and on the bottoms of containers. I also like these containers because they’re freezer-proof. Therefore, you’d never have any worries about storing foods away long-term and ruining your containers.
- These containers aren’t completely leak-proof. Users of this product have reported having leaks if the containers are overfilled or overturned.
- Though they’re microwave-proof, some users have said their containers burned and have been permanently damaged from microwaving soups or foods that stick to the containers.
Food Storage Container #2: Rubbermaid 50-Piece Easy Find Lid Food Storage Set
- Considering that this set comes with 50 pieces, this is a great value purchase. The containers are dishwasher and freezer-safe and the lids snap to the base and each other.
- There’s no need to label these containers because you can easily see what’s inside. However, if you choose to label them because you’re storing them in the freezer, you can use masking tape and it won’t damage the lids.
- Less expensive than the set previously mentioned.
- Though users have said the lids seal tightly, some of them have noted they don’t fit well after a few uses in the dishwasher.
- Some users have also said tomato-based products stain the plastic.
Food Storage Container #3: LIFT Reusable Microwavable 28-oz 7-pack Meal Prep Containers w/ Lids
- This BPA-free set is freezer, microwave and dishwasher safe. It’s great for portion control and meal-prep bags for those who live a healthier lifestyle.
- Sauce-based foods won’t warp or stain the plastic. They’re also airtight and leak-proof.
- The lids are not microwave-safe, posing a risk for drying out food during the reheating process.
- Durability may pose an issue due to the possibility of the plastic chipping or breaking off at the corners after many uses.
Food Storage Container #4: Rubbermaid Commercial Carb-X Space Saving Square 12-qt Food Storage Container
- This container is unlike the others and is better for preparing food to be cooked instead of storing leftovers. Some people even use them to sous vide.
- Easy-reading measurement gradations on the containers.
- Break-resistant, stain resistant, dishwasher-safe, and heat resistant for long-lasting durability.
- The downside to owning this product is that the bottom has a plug that may leak. It also isn’t BPA-free, which may cause concern for those worried about birth defects.
- Not suitable for single-meal prep and may take up a lot of unnecessary space in the refrigerator.
Food Storage Container #5: California Home Goods 3-Compartment 10-piece Bento Reusable Food Storage Containers
- These BPA-free bento boxes are great for portion control to maintain a healthy lifestyle. They’re also reusable, microwave and dishwasher safe.
- The three-compartment set keeps your food fresh and protects it from sogginess.
- It comes with a lifetime guarantee.
- Users have noted that the plastic is so thin, that it breaks after only a couple of uses and warps in the dishwasher. They’ve also said the lids shatter easily.
- Some users have also noted that the containers produce an odor after being used in the microwave.
And the Winner Is…
The Rubbermaid 50-Piece Easy Find Lid Storage set. If I needed this, I would buy this today. 50 pieces for its price is a steal! It’s super easy to keep them organized too and saves a lot of space in my cabinets. It’s also reasonably priced and doesn’t have the durability issues that the bento boxes have. You can store large amounts of food that may not fit in bento boxes, but still have enough containers to prepare individual meals throughout the week.