Organization is key to keeping a tidy kitchen. You save space, time and money in the long run. No more wondering if you have 3 of the same half-filled spices in your cabinet. No more wondering if you have multiple half-used bags of rice, pasta or beans. Spend a little bit of extra money to declutter your kitchen. You would be amazed by how smoother you operate in it. You’ll know where everything is and won’t spend extra money on items you already have! Check out a list of containers I found on Amazon below and their pros and cons to decide which one is best for you.
This table gives you a quick rundown on the best food storage containers I recommend. I give them my personal rating based on their features, durability, and my personal experiences as a beginning and experienced home cook.
|Sterilite 16428012 6 Quart 12-pack Liter Storage Box
|Sterilite 29308001 Wide 3 Drawer Cart, White Frame with Clear Drawers and Black Casters
|IRIS 16 Quart Ziploc WeatherShield Storage Box, 6 Pack, Clear
|IRIS 4-Drawer Storage Cart with Organizer Top, White
|Rubbermaid Roughneck Clear Storage Container, 50 qt., Clear Base (1192), Pack of 5
Best Plastic Storage Containers #1: Sterilite 16428012 6 Quart 12-pack Liter Storage Box
- Purchasers of this product use this container for a variety of things. However, this container is great for storing large items such as pots and pans. It’s also great for storing kitchen items you don’t use on a regular basis.
- For its value, it’s a good item for those who don’t want to spend too much money on storage bins.
- Some users have reported these containers aren’t heavy duty and the lids come off easily.
Best Plastic Storage #2: Sterilite 29308001 Wide 3 Drawer Cart, White Frame with Clear Drawers and Black Casters
- These plastic storage bins are perfect for mobility storage, meaning you can place anywhere you see fit.
- The drawers are great for storing smaller kitchen items such as spices and canned items.
- It’s a little expensive compared to the other items on this list and may not be suitable for people who are need storage for larger kitchen items.
Best Plastic Storage Containers #3: IRIS 16 Quart Ziploc WeatherShield Storage Box, 6 Pack, Clear
- These containers have snap-tight lids to protect the contents from dust and moisture. So, you could store food in these bins and not worry about them going stale or growing mold.
- It fits on most shelves and lock in place when stacked to prevent sliding or shifting.
- Great for storing smaller kitchen or food items.
- Some users have reported that these boxes are prone to cracking if mishandled.
Best Plastic Storage Containers #4: IRIS 4-Drawer Storage Cart with Organizer Top, White
- These containers have easy glide casters for added mobility.
- The clear drawers make it easy to identify the contents.
- The shallow and deep containers add versatility to these containers. Making it easy to store small and large kitchen items.
- Some users have remarked that the drawers don’t stay shut and containers are flimsy.
- Other purchasers have said the containers are smaller than advertised and the wheels aren’t as stable as advertised.
Best Plastic Storage Containers #5: Rubbermaid Roughneck Clear Storage Container, 50 qt., Clear Base (1192), Pack of 5
- Durable for heavy duty items with latched lids for security and they’re stackable.
- Suitable for harsh environments and temperatures such as attics, basements and sheds. So if you have kitchen equipment that you don’t use on a regular basis, your items will be safe in these storage containers.
- It’s great for short-term and long-term storage.
- Users have noted that the lids are a bit loose.
- Some users have also noted that the containers produce an odor after being used in the microwave.
- It’s the most expensive item on this list, but its durability in various environments may be worth the buy.
And the Winner Is…
The IRIS 4-Drawer Storage Cart with Organizer Top. I chose this set because of its mobility and versatility with its shallow and deep drawers. This ensures you wouldn’t have to purchase multiple bins of various sizes and spend more than you need to. I understand the existing concerns about this product, however, the value for this product is better than the others. It’s cost-friendly and provides enough space for items that won’t be able to fit in your pantry.