Food storage containers help you relive the magic and revisit the goodness of that awesome chili you made the night before, they keep you on track if you’re trying to eat healthier and save you time (and money) during your busy mornings if you’re practicing meal prep techniques.
Food storage containers also keep your fresh fruits and veggies from wilting fast. Glass food storage containers have their own merits that rival their plastic counterparts, such as keeping foods fresher longer, being safer than plastic, holding heat longer, and being more environmentally friendly. Healthy cookware further discusses the advantages of owning glass containers.
Below, you’ll find descriptions of the highest-rated containers on Amazon.
Glass Storage Container Comparison Table:
This table gives you a quick rundown on the best food storage containers I recommend. I give them my personal rating based on their features, durability, and my personal experiences as a beginning and experienced home cook.
|12-Piece Set Glass Food Storage Containers|
|Rubbermaid Easy Find 22-Piece Glass Food Storage Containers||Check Price|
|10-Piece Royal Glass Food Storage Containers||Check Price|
|18-Piece Utopian Kitchen Glass Food Storage Container Set||Check Price|
|Glasslock 18-piece Assorted Oven Safe Container Set||Check Price|
Glass Storage Container #1: 12-Piece Set Glass Food Storage Containers
- These two-cup containers are great for small portions of leftovers and can go from the freezer to the microwave. It’s also warp-resistant, stain-resistant and absorbs odors.
- Some users wished the containers stacked better. It’s also not clear that these containers are oven-safe.
Glass Storage Container #2: Rubbermaid Easy Find 22-Piece Glass Food Storage Containers
- These lids stack well and are air-tight, which is great if you’re carrying soups and stews. The set also varies in size, allowing you to store various serving sizes of food.
- Several users have reported saying these containers are prone to shattering and are not microwave safe.
Glass Storage Container #3: 10-Piece Royal Glass Food Storage Containers
- These containers heat food evenly, the glass itself holds heat well and they’re easy to clean. They’re great for small to medium-sized leftovers.
- The lids aren’t microwave-safe and aren’t air-tight, which poses problems if you’re worried about spillage. These glass containers are also not stain or odor-proof and users have noted that tomato, garlic and onion-based foods have left behind stains and garlic.
Glass Storage Container #4: 18-Piece Utopian Kitchen Glass Food Storage Container Set
- These containers are as airtight as advertised and some users love their durability and use them for camping trips. They’re freezer-safe and oven-safe. However, it’s not clear on which oven setting these containers can tolerate.
- Other users have said they aren’t dishwasher-safe and sometimes, the lids slip off.
Glass Storage Container #5: Glasslock 18-piece Assorted Oven Safe Container Set
- They nest well in cabinets and the lids lock tightly. They also great for freezing foods. Other than the microwave issues reported below, some users praise its durability and consider it a heavy-duty product.
- Users have had issues with this set shattering after microwave use. Also, not all stains may come off after dishwasher use.
And the Winner Is…
12-Piece Set Glass Food Storage Containers take this round. In this case, more pieces better quality and after reading the reviews for each product, considering their respective features and prices, this set was the best. Frankly, I would rather buy the set that has uniform capacity among its containers, may not be oven-safe but won’t explode after using it in the microwave. It was a pretty easy decision for me. Also, it’s the least expensive product on this list.