If you have never had a peanut butter muffin before then you are missing out! Loaded with rich peanut butter flavor, these buttery muffins are a great way to start your morning. And guess what else, they are really easy to make and they will stay fresh when stored at room temperature for up to a week. Make a batch of these whenever you have a spare 10 minutes and you will have a delicious breakfast ready for you the next morning!
You can opt to keep these peanut butter muffins simple and stick to the creamy peanut butter taste or you can jazz them up by adding chocolate chips or crushed peanuts. Throw a 1/2 cup of mini chocolate chips in to make these peanut butter muffins even more melt-in-your-mouth delicious. Try adding 1/2 cup chopped peanuts to the batter and then sprinkling some peanuts on the top of the muffins before they bake for a crunchy addition. This fun muffin flavor fits perfectly into any breakfast plan so get out your mixer and get started!
Peanut Butter Muffins Recipe
- In a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- Add the peanut butter to the dry ingredients and blend until the peanut butter is fully combined into the flour and has a crumbly texture.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the whole milk, eggs and vegetable oil. Slowly pour the wet ingredients into the mixer with the dry ingredients, allowing the batter to fully blend. The key here is to really add the wet ingredients slowly to prevent lumps from forming.
- Line a muffin tray with paper muffin liners or grease the tray with butter or cooking spray. Scoop the muffin batter into the muffin cups, filling them about 3/4 of the way full.
- Bake the muffins for 20 minutes in a 350 ̊F oven. Remove from the oven and allow the muffins to cool then serve immediately or store at room temperature for up to a week.