Do you need to replace your oven? Do you want to find the best gas oven? You can find the top five best gas ovens for all of your needs.
Gas ovens are known for cooking food more evenly and helping the food taste better. If you don’t already have a gas oven or are looking for a new one, you should definitely consider getting one.
Below are five of the best gas oven available in the market today, all found on Amazon. Plus, there is also one of the best wall gas ovens as well, for those who prefer wall ovens. Any of these choices would be a great addition to your kitchen.
There are tons of different gas ovens out there, but not all of them can be the best. Below are five of the best gas ovens and a few key things about them.
|GE PGS950SEFSS Profile|
|Thor Kitchen HRG3080U|
|Bosch HGI8054UC 800|
|Summit WTM7212KW Wall Oven|
Gas Oven 2016 #1: GE PGS950SEFSS Profile
GE is one of those companies that makes a ton of different appliances and things for your home. They are known for their kitchen appliances the most. This oven is one of the many ovens GE has made over the years.
- This gas oven comes with plenty of great features. There is a self-cleaning mechanism, which is useful for burning of the residue after baking. This way, you won’t need to use any harsh chemicals to clean it.
- This oven, unlike the others on this list, is a double oven. This is useful when you are making a big dinner. Instead of waiting for your oven to be freed, you can jump right in and make two things at once.
- Thankfully, this oven will fit into most standard oven spots. The dimensions are 43 x 34.5 x 31.2 inches, if you want to make sure it will definitely fit.
- One issue with this oven is the customer service. There have been issues in the past where the customer service would be entirely unhelpful, even if your product was still under warranty.
- There isn’t one specific problem that many of them have, but people have had a variety of problems. These could just be defects with their oven, but it might be best not to take that chance.
- With all of those things in mind, this oven deserves a 4.2 out of 5. There are many great features, but some of the negatives can really make a huge difference.
Gas Oven 2016 #2: Samsung NX58H9500WS
Samsung is a company that you generally associate with electronics, but they also sell some home appliances. Therefore, it makes sense that this oven, though being gas, has a strong electrical element.
- This oven comes with a great, computerized control system. It’s touch screen activated and you can program the settings for your favorite recipes. You can easily set your cooking time and temperature with a few clicks of a button.
- Is your main dish finished before your sides? This oven comes with a warming drawer to make sure none of your main meals get too cold.
- There is a griddle included with your oven as well. It has ridges on one side and is flat on the other, so you can cook whatever you want on it, whether it be pancakes or a sandwich.
- As an added bonus, there’s a built-in temperature probe. You won’t need a meat thermometer and this one means you don’t even need to open the door to check the temperature.
- There have been instances of the knobs cracking and breaking. They are made of plastic with a chrome plating on the outside, but if they are used too roughly in any way, they are prone to crack.
- The self-cleaning mechanism may also be defective, which has happened in some cases. Instead of it not working, it might cause the display to break and no longer work. It’s a very strange thing, but has happened.
- There are a lot of great features in this oven, but there are also some cons that could be costly.
Gas Oven 2016 #3: Thor Kitchen HRG3080U
You may have not heard of Thor Kitchen before, but they specialize in making professional quality kitchen appliances. They make a range of things, from gas ranges and ovens to wine coolers.
- This oven truly is professional quality. Everything from the burners to the knobs are heavy duty and meant to last.
- You can install an LP (liquid propane) conversion kit into this oven. Generally, you lose some BTU’s when you switch from natural gas to LP, but this oven doesn’t lose any.
- This is also a beautifully made oven, which gives it a professional look. The stainless-steel exterior would complement any kitchen.
- For half the price of a professional oven, you can get everything that a professional oven has. Also, this oven has a 2-year warranty, which is the most on this list.
- There is no self-cleaning mechanism, which could be a problem for some people.
- The customer service representatives are not always the most helpful when you do have a problem.
Overall, this oven is a great addition to your kitchen.
Gas Oven 2016 #4: Bosch HGI8054UC 800
Bosch is a great company for kitchen appliances and laundry appliances. They also make some accessories for the kitchen, like food processors.
- This oven has a lip on either side of the oven, which will hang over the counters on either side. This will ensure that there is a limit on the crumbs that can fall on either side of the oven and get stuck.
- This oven does have a self-cleaning mechanism, called pyrolytic. This is the usual type of self-cleaning, where the sides of the oven have a coating that makes it easy to clean after being exposed to high heat.
- There are 9 cooking modes that come with this oven. All of these will help you cook the perfect, gourmet dinner without any issues.
- The customer service is not as good as you might hope. They may put your oven issues on the backburner and be very slow at sending out a representative.
- There are tons of great things about this oven, but if you do ever get a problem, it might not be as easy to fix as you might hope.
Gas Oven 2016 #5: Summit WTM7212KW Wall Oven
Summit Appliance has all of your kitchen appliance needs ready to be filled. They have a wide range of appliances, from gas ovens to outdoor refrigerators.
- This is the only wall oven on this list. The door on this oven is removable, so it is very easy to clean when you need to clean it.
- The window is also wonderful. It is easy to see inside and check everything. You won’t have to worry about it being too dark to see through because there is a light that is accessible on the outside.
- A broiler compartment is on the bottom of this oven. Some wall ovens don’t come with this, so it is a great addition to this oven.
- If you choose to email customer service, it may be a while before you hear back, so you should opt to call. The customer service isn’t as bad as some of the others, but could still be better.
- It might not be the most sleek and modern design out there. The exterior is white, so keep that in mind when looking at a wall oven.
- This oven is a great choice for a wall oven. It could be put into any apartment, as it’s small enough to stay out of the way.
Which Is Our Pick For Best Gas Oven In 2016?
The Thor Kitchen gas oven is easily the best gas oven on this list. The professional quality of this oven is better than any of the others. The Summit oven is the least professional looking oven while the Samsung oven has parts that aren’t as strong as they should be.
Out of every gas oven on this list, the Thor Kitchen oven is the only one with a 2-year warranty. This is huge, as the first year might not have any issues. Ovens tend to either have issues from the start or have them after a year.
Switching from natural gas to liquid propane doesn’t mean a drop in how much heat it has. In fact, you’ll still have the same amount of cooking power as you did before, which is huge.
An oven needs to be able to last, cook things evenly, and should look professional. This Thor Kitchen oven does all of that without any issues. This is why the Thor Kitchen HRG3080U is the perfect oven for all of your kitchen needs.