Sometimes you just don’t want to spend more than 10 minutes in the kitchen, yet still like to serve a “real” dish with authentic flavors, and no processed food. This easy to make and basic Italian pasta recipe is the dish for such occasions.
Derived from the famous spaghetti aglio e olio, this recipe is my creation. It is ready in literally 10 minutes, cooking the pasta included.
Spaghetti with Garlic, Thyme and Olive Oil Recipe
- Start cooking your spaghetti. You can find some tips on how to cook Italian pasta here.
- While the pasta is cooking, chop the garlic and the fresh thyme. If you use dried thyme, you don’t need to chop it.
- In a large skillet, heat the olive oil. Add the chopped garlic and fry for one minute over medium heat. Don’t let it brown as it looses it’s freshness. Add the thyme and fry for another 30 seconds.
- Once the pasta is cooked, drain it and toss it in the garlicky oil.
- Serve hot, with grated Parmesan cheese (for a vegan version, just leave out the cheese).
This dish is a perfect “primo piatto” or entrée for any occasion. As for me, I love this basic Italian pasta recipe even as a main dish, a really easy 10 minute meal.
As an entrée it serves 4-6 persons, or as main dish it serves 2-3.