Try This Homemade Pizza Recipe And Never Order Pizza Again!
If you try this easy pizza recipe, you’ll see how simple it can be to make an authentic Italian pizza at home. Maybe you’ll never order pizza again, maybe you reserve this recipe for special occasions.
This is essentially an easy mozzarella pizza recipe. Once you’ve perfected your homemade pizza making skills, you can start adding different toppings. Please see the complete list of my pizza recipes for more ideas. Also please check pizza tutorials below this recipe.
How To Make Homemade Pizza
This recipe makes 1 regular size (12-14 inch or 30-35 cm) homemade pizza that feeds 1 or 2 persons – depending on how hungry you are. For 2 pizzas, just double the amounts.
Below this recipe you’ll find some pics showing all these steps, making it easier for you to understand how to make homemade pizza.
- Add flour, active dry yeast, sugar and salt to a large mixing bowl, then olive oil and lukewarm water.
- Using your dough hook, knead your pizza dough for 10 minutes.
- Place your pizza dough in a large bowl, previously oiled with about 1-2 tsp extra virgin olive oil. Move it around with your hand so that all parts should be covered with oil. Let it rest for 90 minutes, covered.
- Preheat the oven to the highest heat possible. Push the air out of your dough. Form a ball with the palm of your hand. Let it rise on a lightly floured work surface for 15 minutes, covered with a kitchen towel. Make sure you dust the top of your dough ball with some flour.
- On a baking sheet or pizza pan, roll the dough into a 12-inch circle.
- Put tomato purée (passata) on top of your pizza dough, in the middle. With a back of a spoon, using circular motions towards the edges, make sure the tomato covers your pizza dough. Leave an edge about 1 inch (2-3 cm) thick.
- Season your tomato sauce with salt, dried oregano, and a few drops of extra virgin olive oil. Top it with the sliced (or teared) mozzarella.
- Put your homemade pizza in the oven. Bake until the edges are golden brown, about 8-12 minutes.
How To Make Homemade Pizza Tutorials
This is a very basic mozzarella pizza recipe. Good to start making your own pizza at home, but maybe you want some more information on some of these steps. Please see this list of my free homemade pizza making tutorials to help you make the best pizza:
- How to make pizza dough
- List of pizza dough ingredients for 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 and 6 persons
- How to shape your pizza dough
- Tips on making an authentic Italian pizza sauce