A delicate dish with a creamy white sauce that will suit every taste!
Chicken lasagna is a tasty and lighter alternative to the traditional Italian Bolognese Lasagna made with the Italian sauce named “ragù” (ground beef and tomato sauce). This version consists of the so-called “white ragù”, made with shredded chicken breast in a white sauce, based on heavy cream, butter and Parmesan cheese.
It is perfect for a dinner with friends or the typical Sunday family meetings, but you can also store it in the fridge for a couple of days and bring it to the office in your lunchbox.
For an even lighter flavor, you can use turkey breast instead of chicken and you can also add some fresh parsley and oregano to the sauce, for a more pronounced taste.
Chicken Lasagna Recipe
- Finely chop carrot, celery and onion.
- Shred chicken breast.
- Melt 1/3 butter in saucepan.
- Add chopped vegetables and quickly fry them for a couple of minutes.
- Add shredded chicken, a pinch of salt, white pepper and garlic powder and cook over low heat for 15 minutes.
- Add some milk from time to time, in order to keep the chicken wet.
- Add flour, stir thoroughly and cook over low heat for another 5 minutes.
- In another pan, melt the rest of the butter.
- Remove the pan from the heat and add heavy cream, Parmesan cheese, nutmeg and a pinch of salt.
- Stir thoroughly to obtain a creamy sauce.
- Spread some white sauce on a baking tray.
- Place one layer of lasagna noodles (paying attention to fill every empty space).
- Spread some shredded chicken.
- Cover chicken with some white sauce.
- Add another layer of lasagna noodles and repeat the whole procedure until you have finished all your ingredients.
- The upper layer should be made of white sauce.
- Bake at 355°F or 180°C for 20 minutes.
- Serve warm!