If there’s any Filipino dish that is famously known it’s the Adobo. Every region has its own version of this dish, but we will be creating the classic version – chicken and pork adobo – which will be an easy recipe to pull off.
Chicken and pork adobo is slow cooked in soy sauce and a few handful of spices that give it that beloved umami flavor. With its tender pork and chicken meat, this adobo recipe will surely have you enjoying an instant meal with close to zero-efforts in the kitchen.
Chicken and Pork Adobo Recipe
- For your chicken and pork adobo, first cut the pork belly into a 2 inch cubes.
- Using a thick bottom pot, add all the ingredients, except the water, and cook under medium heat.
- Let all the ingredients simmer for 15 minutes, and then add the water.
- Lower the heat to low, and let your adobo it simmer for 30 minutes or until the pork meat is tender, for about 30-45 minutes.
- Then continue to cook on low heat without the lid and reduces the juices to ¼ of the original quantity.
- Serve and enjoy your chicken and pork adobo with a steaming bowl of jasmine rice.