Silicone baking sheets are an alternative to the typical metal baking sheets. In addition to their obvious flexible structure, they’re space savers, non-stick, promote healthy eating and easy to clean.Health Cookware discusses the basics of silicone baking sheets in full detail. Below, I highlight the highest rated and best-selling silicone baking sheets on Amazon.
This table gives you a quick rundown on the best silicone baking sheets I recommend. I give them my personal rating based on their features, durability, and my personal experiences as a beginning and experienced home cook.
|Silicone Baking Mat Set - Professional Heat-Resistant Non-Stick Mats & Liners for Cookie Sheets by Lavangie™ (3 color pack)|
|Amazon Basics Silicone Baking Mat - 2 Pack|
|Silicone Baking Mat Set (2) Half Sheets - Non Stick Cookie Sheets Professional Grade|
|Silicone Baking Sheet Mat Set (3) 2 Half Sheets + 1 Qtr Sheet|
|Silicone Baking Mat 3 pcs - X-Chef Non-Stick Bake Half Sheet for Oven Weber Pans Cookie|
Silicone Baking Sheet #1: Silicone Baking Mat Set – Professional Heat-Resistant Non-Stick Mats & Liners for Cookie Sheets by Lavangie
- This silicone baking sheet set is great for every task. One of my favorite qualities about this baking sheet set is that it comes in several different sizes and colors. It means you don’t have to worry about not having enough space or having too much space while baking.
- It also has measurements on the edges of the sheets, which is helpful for those who need accurate measurements for making pastry doughs.
- This is a versatile set that can withstand below freezing temperatures and the highest temperature oven setting. So, if you need to freeze something overnight, you don’t have to worry about your sheet cracking. If you need to make a pizza, you can save money on a pizza stone and use this instead.
- There aren’t many criticism for this set. One user remarked, however, that the mats break down over time.
- These mats aren’t microwave or dishwasher-safe.
Silicone Baking Sheet #2: Amazon Basics Silicone Baking Mat – 2 Pack
- This is Amazon’s best-seller in their bakeware sets section. It’s an inexpensive, but solid purchase.
- These mats are oven-safe up to 480 degrees and work well for placing under food items that may bubble over in the oven.
- It can handle the metal spatulas or utensils without damage.
- These mats are not freezer-safe and some users have noted they give food a rubber taste. Another user noted the set started melting at 350 degrees.
Silicone Baking Sheet #3: Silicone Baking Mat Set (2) Half Sheets, Professional Grade
- The best part about this mat is that it comes with a free e-book! How awesome is that? The e-book focuses on healthy food because these mats don’t require oil to create a non-stick surface.
- It comes with a 100% money back guarantee if you aren’t satisfied.
- It’s microwave-safe and oven-safe up to 400 degrees and can withstand below freezing temperatures.
- Though this baking mat can be used in the oven, users have advised to not place it directly on an oven rack due to the possibility of smoking, melting and staining the silicone.
Silicone Baking Sheet #4: Silicone Baking Sheet Mat Set (3) 2 Half Sheets + 1 Qtr Sheet
- This one shares the same qualities as the one above, however it costs a little more because of the extra sheet. The third baking sheet is a quarter-size of a full-sized baking sheet.
- It has kid-friendly colors to encourage kids to get involved in the kitchen.
- It also comes with a free e-book and a 100% money back guarantee.
- Some users have said the mats absorb grease and fats from food and it’s hard to wash off, even after soaking in soapy water.
- These mats may emit a strong odor that may be absorbed by the food.
Silicone Baking Sheet #5: Silicone Baking Mat 3-piece set by X-Chef Weber Pans
- This product has an anti-slip bottom to prevent slipping and sliding on the countertop.
- It’s dishwasher-safe, oven-safe up to 480 degrees and fits most baker’s half sheet.
- One of the best valued products on this list.
- Flavors and odors won’t penetrate the mats and can be used as a cutting board.
- These mats are prone to staining, which may not come off.
- May not fit all baking sheets.
And the Winner Is…
This is a tough one, but I’m going to go with the Silicone Baking Mat Set – Professional Heat-Resistant Non-Stick Mats & Liners for Cookie Sheets by Lavangie. If I could choose more than one, I would go with also go with the 3-piece X-Chef Silicone baking set too.However, I’m choosing the former because it’s able to withstand up to 500 degrees in the oven, which is cool for a product made from silicone. I also love the measurements on the bottom because of the added convenience of being able to accurately measure the amount of dough needed for pastries and pies.