The quality of your kitchen utensils can have a huge impact on your cooking experience. No one wants their silicone spatula to melt into their food after only a few seconds of contact with heat. No one wants the metal coating of their whisk to chip off after only a few cycles in the dishwasher. It’s frustrating to have a dish ruined because the utensils you’re using are simply, terrible. Overstock discusses the basics of choosing the right utensil, however, I rank the best ones you can buy right away on Amazon.
This table gives you a quick rundown on the kitchen utensils I recommend. I give them my personal rating based on their features, durability, and my personal experiences as a beginning and experienced home cook.
|HomeHero 29-Piece stainless steel Kitchen Utensils Set|
|Intriom 7-piece Bamboo Kitchen Utensils|
|Chef Essential 23-Piece Stainless Steel Kitchen Utensil Set|
|6-piece Silicone & Stainless Steel Kitchen Utensils by La Fête|
|Nexgadget 38-piece Stainless Steel Nylon Kitchen Utensils Set |
Best Kitchen Utensils #1: HomeHero 29-Piece Stainless Steel Kitchen Utensil Set
- What I like about this set is how versatile it is. The number of pieces in a set only matters if each piece serves a purpose in the kitchen and isn’t something you’d use once and then gets lost in your drawer. This set is great for experienced cooks or those who are interested in learning to improve their skills. Not only does it come with the basic spatula, whisk, slotted and regular spoons, it comes with a pasta server, measuring spoons, a can opener, garlic press, tea strainer, and more. It’s also safe to use with non-stick surfaces.
- This set is a little expensive for those on a tight budget. It also may be an overwhelming set for an amateur cook who may just want a simple set to make the cooking process as smooth as possible.
- The silicone with this set can’t tolerate high heat. It’s heat resistant up to 240 degrees, however, the utensils one would use with high-heat wouldn’t likely be the silicone ones.
Best Kitchen Utensils #2: Intriom 7-piece Bamboo Kitchen Utensils
- I had a set like this in college when I first started cooking on a regular basis. It’s great and gets the job done. It’s a very inexpensive and basic set for anyone who’s trying to learn how to cook but doesn’t need a lot of equipment to make basic meals. It also comes with a holder so you don’t lose any of these utensils.
- Bamboo is also a high-quality wood and are dishwasher-safe, unlike most wood utensils. These utensils are easy to clean and can reach the corners of pans.
- There aren’t many negatives to this set other than its lack of versatility.
Best Kitchen Utensils #3: Chef Essential 23-Piece Stainless Steel Kitchen Utensil Set
- This set includes handy tools such as a bottle opener, pizza cutter, grater/zester, soup ladle, and measuring cups and spoons. I love this because you can buy this set and never have to buy any other utensils, unless you need a lemon or lime juice squeezer. Otherwise, this set comes with nearly everything you need to be successful in the kitchen. It’s also dishwasher-safe and heat-resistant up to 450 degrees!
- Some purchasers noted that the utensils are flimsy and can be easily bent.
- This is one of the pricier sets on this list.
Best Kitchen Utensils #4: 6-piece Silicone & Stainless Steel Kitchen Utensils by La Fête
- This set is ideal for use on all types of surfaces such as non-stick, porcelain, glass, Teflon, copper, cast-iron and stainless steel. Though the tips of utensils are silicone, they’re heat resistant up to 500 degrees and are used by professional chefs.
- It’s a basic set and doesn’t come with a lot of the gadgets like the utensil set above.
Best Kitchen Utensil Set #5: Nexgadget 38-piece Stainless Steel Nylon Kitchen Utensils Set
- It’s advertised as a deluxe kitchen starter set, but I’d argue this set is great for experienced cooks too. The Nexgadet 38-piece set includes awesome utensils such as a meat fork, tongs, spaghetti server, kitchen scissor, and an icing knife. It also comes with measuring cups and spoons. The utensils are also heat-resistant up to 400 degrees.
- No cons from me. I would just say be careful with nylon. Just because they’re heat-resistant up to 400 degrees doesn’t mean they’re impervious to heat damage.
And the Winner Is…
If it wasn’t obvious before, the winner is the Nexgadet 38-piece Stainless Steel Nylon Kitchen Utensils Set. This is the ultimate set and the best-valued one on this list. If you buy this, you more than likely wouldn’t need to buy anything else unless you need a specific item for a meal. Otherwise, this set will take care of all your basic and more complex kitchen needs. It even has items you probably didn’t even think you needed, but will come in handy. Convenience is key in the kitchen.