Tired of running out of space with your single gas range oven? Tired of uneven baking times and temperature between those cookies and your roasted chicken? Maybe you just want to simultaneously cook different foods. If any of these apply to you, then it’s time to invest in a double oven.
Which are the best double ovens in 2017? Consumer Report also has a great guide on how to choose an oven and qualities to consider. However, I review the best double ovens and double wall ovens of 2017 on Amazon to help you pick the best-valued one for you. You and your guests will thank you once you’re able to cook large meals in half the time if you were to use a single range oven.
Best Double Ovens 2017
This table gives you a quick rundown on the best double ovens. I give them my personal rating based on their features, durability, and my personal experiences as a beginning and experienced home cook.
|Frigidaire FGET3045KF Gallery 30 Double Electric Wall Oven - Stainless Steel|
|GE PGS950SEFSS Profile 30" Stainless Steel Gas Slide-In Sealed Burner Double Oven Range - Convection|
|Frigidaire FGET2765PF Gallery 27" Stainless Steel Electric Double Wall Oven - Convection|
|GE PT9550SFSS Profile 30" Stainless Steel Electric Double Wall Oven - Convection|
|GE Cafe CGS990SETSS 30" Freestanding Gas Range with 5 Sealed Burners, Convection Self-Clean Double Oven and Griddle, in Stainless Steel|
Double Oven 2017 #1: GE Profile 30-inch Stainless Steel Gas Slide-In Double Oven Range
- This double oven has a fifth-burner that serves as a reversible cast-iron grill and griddle. It’s a great feature to have if you’re searing something like a steak and need to put in the oven right after. The convection fan in the oven will also ensure the steak is cooked evenly, even if you’re baking cookies in the other oven.
- Another useful feature is that it cleans itself automatically. There’s no timetable for long it takes, however, it’s helpful to know that the oven will recognize when it’s time to start the cleaning process.
- This double oven doesn’t have many features beyond a basic single oven.
View GE Profile 30-inch Stainless Steel Gas Slide-In Double Oven Range on Amazon
Double Oven 2017 #2: Frigidaire Gallery 30-inch Double Wall Electric Oven
- A big plus for this double oven is its quick 20-minute preheat feature. This is extremely useful if you don’t have a lot of time to make a meal and want something quick. It’s also useful if you’re entertaining a lot of guests. It’s convection fan will also help expedite the process with its ability to evenly cook food.
- Its 20-minute self-cleaning feature will motivate you to keep your oven clean on a regular basis. Most self-cleaning ovens can take hours to clean. Another helpful tool if you’re someone who’s always short on time and needs a mess to be properly cleaned up so you can move on to your next meal.
- The smudge-proof stainless steel will keep your oven looking free of fingerprints at all time and helps it retain its fresh look.
- The automatic shut-off is great for those times you may forget to turn off the oven, which is obviously not safe and can lead to a fire. You don’t want to burn your house down, right?
- Definitely take this feature into consideration while comparing this oven with the others.
- Constantly opening and closing the oven to check on food causes uneven heating during the cooking process. Save time and energy by letting this oven tell you the internal temperature of your food. This is especially important if you’re making whole chicken, turkey and similar items.
- There aren’t many downsides to owning this product. The only downside is that it doesn’t have a stovetop. In my opinion, that shouldn’t be a deal breaker.
View Frigidaire Gallery 30-inch Double Wall Electric Oven on Amazon
Double Oven 2017 #3: Frigidaire Gallery 27-inch Double Wall Electric Oven
- Like its predecessor above, this oven also has features such as quick pre-heating, smudge-proof stainless steel, an internal temperature probe, and self-cleaning.
- Unfortunately, it doesn’t have an automatic shut-off feature or a convection fan, which is a huge negative for this product.
View Frigidaire Gallery 27-inch Double Wall Electric Oven on Amazon
Double Oven 2017 #4: GE Profile 30-inch Stainless Steel Electric Double Wall Oven
My favorite feature about this double wall oven is that it notifies users of food status while baking or roasting. Similarly, to the internal temperature probe, instead of worrying about if your food is done or not, the oven can determine if your food is done or not.
You can control via Wi-Fi or Amazon-Echo. It’s a relatively new feature for appliances today in general. If you’re busy and don’t want to be near your oven at all times cook your meal, then you can just use your phone.
Like the ones discussed earlier, this double wall oven has a steam-cleaning feature and convection fan.
There aren’t many cons for this product. Though the Wi-Fi feature is awesome, it does mean that this double oven is more expensive than the others. It’s also signal-dependent and may not be worth it if your Wi-Fi signal isn’t strong in your area.
View GE Profile 30-inch Stainless Steel Electric Double Wall Oven on Amazon
Double Oven 2017 #5: GE 30-inch Freestanding Gas Range Double Oven
- This oven has a lot of space inside, which is great if you’re making a large roast, chicken, or turkey or if you need to make multiple things at once. It also bakes evenly.
- If you’re worried about children playing with this double oven, no worries, it has a child-lock function.
- It’s self-clean feature makes it easy to keep it clean.
- It also has a quick pre-heating element similar to the other GE double ovens mentioned earlier.
- It’s central burner for the grill and griddle doesn’t generate enough heat to get a proper sear on meat.
- There’s a significant gap between this range, counter tops and walls that can lead to food spills.
- The top oven isn’t as powerful as its bottom counterpart, which limits the types of foods you can make and extends their cooking times.
View GE 30-inch Freestanding Gas Range Double Oven on Amazon
My Pick For Best Double Ovens In 2017
In my opinion the best double oven in this list of 2017 picks is the Frigidaire Gallery 30-inch Double Wall Electric Oven! I chose this product because it’s heats quickly, cleans itself automatically, tells me what the internal temperature of my food is so I don’t accidentally under or overcook it, and it can turn itself off.
I would cook with this oven all day, every day. Can you imagine not worrying if your roasted chicken is going to turn come out evenly cooked, juicy, and its skin nice and crispy? Or if your ovens are a mess and you need it clean in a hurry, that it can be done in just under a half-hour? It’s not the least expensive double oven in this list, but it’s the most valuable one in my book.